[ale] OT fyi EFF petition to stop NSA spying

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Jul 31 11:21:55 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed here, but I don't remember how much
specific data has been shared.  (I know, I shared some of it myself.)
Anyway, I thought I'd pass this along.

I don't know how much you've been following the NSA spying on citizens
news.  I'm pretty upset that our own government is violating several of
our constitutional rights by spying on it's own citizens, recording the
data about every phone call we make, and sucking up every email and web
browsing action that we do that they can.  The Electronic Frontier
Foundation (EFF) has lots of info on it, and is a major player in trying
to hold the govt accountable.  They have an electronic petition that
half a million people have signed to try to put a stop to this
unconstitutional spying.  I thought you'd like to know about it.

https://optin.stopwatching.us/?r=eff#  -  this is the petition

https://www.eff.org/  -  the EFF website

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying  -  EFF page about NSA spying

I'm pondering ways to VPN and / or encrypt everything I do, at least to
the point that I can.  In many cases, if the party on the other end of
the communications isn't encrypting, there's not much you can do.

Sincerely,

Ron