[ale] WAY OT controlling asian tiger mosquitos and others

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:09:53 EDT 2013

Let nature be your friend! Look for a product called "Mosquito Bits" (Home
Depot). It's basically dried granules of a bacteria that are predatory to
mosquitoes (and fleas and cutworms and other soft bodies biting larvae -
but not earthworms!). Pike Nurseries caries a version called BT (Bacillus
thuringiensis) (
http://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-Caterpillar-Killer-Concentrate/dp/B000GA7ZO8
)*. *I've had good success with this stuff at keeping the count down. The
rain this year has made the entire yard a haven for the winged vampires so
I'm out dosing my yard every 2 weeks with the stuff. The AC condensate
makes a nice moist spot right near the front door so there was always a
cloud. Almost put in a commercial air door.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain