[ale] WAY OT controlling asian tiger mosquitos and others

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jul 30 05:26:53 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 30 July 2013, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> The subject of bats may come up, and I'm glad to discuss it.  I did do
> some reading though that said bats will prefer other food sources where
> they can get more of a meal for less work.

Funny you mention that, for a bat house vendor have his wares certified by
Bat Conservation International (BCI) they have to promise *not* to
exaggerate how many mosquitoes bats consume. Yet many of them still do...
Besides the few mosquitoes bats eat just because they are encountered in
route to the bigger meals, I personally think mosquitoes can hear bats and
avoid them even in the day time when the bats are roosting.

Watching bats return to roost in the morning is a great way to start the day!
--
William