[ale] [OT] Cars and licensing... (Was: Re: Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux)

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 22:08:11 EDT 2013

Try going to Hollywood, Florida. There are 3 roundabouts (actually I
seem to remember the term rotaries as being used up in New England)
along Hollywood Blvd. The far East one was the intersection of US 1
(Federal Hwy) and of course Hollywood Blvd along with 3 to 4 other
streets feeding this thing. We used to call that one Government Circle
as city hall, PD and a Fire Station was in the circle itself. This also
had traffic lights all around it and had 5 to 6 lanes adding and
dropping off as you traveled around it. Now that is weird.

On 07/22/2013 09:13 PM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 08:39 PM, Scott Plante wrote:
>> By the way, I like roundabouts but I don't get the ones with stop
>> signs at the entrances.
> I found a few major intersections in England that had stop lights at the
> entrance to the roundabout.  That was a bit wierd.
>
> Jim.

Sent from my home PC running Fedora18 to you and NSA, FBI, CIA, HSA
and God only knows who else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!