[ale] [OT] Cars and licensing... (Was: Re: Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:01:36 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ah yes the turnabout. Very extensively used in Massachusetts, especially
> along route 3a the main road/highway in Cape Cod. It was also at one of
> these round abouts at age 17 I learned all about the wonderment of
> Hydroplaning. I was a little late leaving from the "elbow" of the Cape
> to get to work at the resturant I was working at. I had to drive back to
> Milton first (roughly the same distance as ATL airport is from downtown
> Atlanta- from Boston) to take a friend home and then back to Cohasset.
> It was also raining pretty heavy and my tires weren't in the greatest
> shape either. I was kind of pushing it and hadn't slowed down soon
> enough. I wound up taking the short cut, straight through, taking a
> couple of signs with me. Fortunately there was relatively no traffic at
> that time, but it sort of shook me up a bit.

There's a major on at Emory main entrance, North Decatur at Oxford and
second one a block down North Decatur. I've seen buss' and firetrucks roll
through. I've also seen people total flummoxed as to what they should do.
It's the people that want to wait for the entire ring to be empty before
they enter that need some training. And people NEDD to use the turn signals!

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain