[ale] Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Jul 21 18:03:51 EDT 2013

On 7/21/2013 14:05, Jim Kinney wrote:
> FACEBOOK IS SECURE?!?!?!?! when did that happen?
>
> PHP, according to many security people far more knowledgeable than me,
> continues to suffer from design flaws in the core. Now add in the rampant
> proliferation of poorly coded add-ons and you get the mess that is PHP. It
> make Java look good.

I'd actually like to see some site where the security issues of PHP are
discussed.  Most of the things I've seen have to do with either old
versions or various "core" modules that may or may not be used in
particular scripts but I really do want to know what it is these
security people find to be a problem (partly so I can verify my own
installations and ensure there's no major issue).