[ale] Thread safe coding, Java or C

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Jul 19 16:01:10 EDT 2013

On 07/19/2013 03:48 PM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Subject says it all. What say you?

Depends on which language you are higher skilled at, how much CPU you can throw
at the issue and if small, efficient execs is a consideration at all.  OS and
environment might be factors too.

I'd go with C/C++ every time, but I find Java to be big, slow, requires 10x more
development hardware and I have a decade of C/C++ MT coding experience.

Your situation might be different.

When I think of thread-safe, I think of libraries and services, not end-user
programs. For libraries, C is the standard calling protocol accessible by almost
every other language. Java is limited in that respect, right?