[ale] stupid design of the day - NEW audible books widget

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Jul 15 23:24:10 EDT 2013

It never ends.  The latest round of "updates" for android apps includes an update from Audible books.  Their home screen widget now has the charming capability of scrolling my current book title across the widget at all times.  It also has the almost miraculous capability of running my tablet CPU usage up to 35% whenever I'm on the home screen, up from the 4% or so I usually idle at.  Can't wait to see what that does to the battery.  The only redeeming feature of this is that it apparently only does it when I'm on the home screen.  Fortunately, I'm not usually on the home screen for any period of time.

You can, while in the audible app, select menu, quit; in which case the widget will be inactive when the home screen appears.  Then the cpu idles like normal.  You can still restart audible by clicking the widget or the icon.

Sincerely,

Ron