[ale] AD tools for Linux

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Jul 11 17:13:03 EDT 2013

The Apache Admin Studio has worked well for me working with LDAP.
If you do a BIND connection with a user object that has appropriate rights, you should be able to export and import directory information using ldif format.
When you export the file you can do what ever global edits you need to do to import the users into a new directory.
You can filter the export so that you only get the objects and attributes you need.
GUI based on eclipse framework.
I wouldn't really call it an admin tool, though. It doesn't have any safeguards to protect you from horking your directory. A table saw is a great tool if you know to keep your fingers out of the blade, otherwise....
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> 7/11/2013   04:18 PM >>>
Hmm. Disk has no GUI...

I've seen an AD tool from Apache that can slurp out enough decent LDAP info
to migrate to *NIX LDAP. Not sure if it has write ability or not. I was
looking for AD migrate to linux