[ale] Giving Independence Another Try with ownCloud 5.x

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Jul 11 09:05:55 EDT 2013

Use a VPN with owncloud. Just saying'. Anything with Dav has concerns as does anything written in php.

I installed it locally a few weeks ago.  Played with it from a few clients and watched the network traffic.  I must have done something wrong - sync over a gige network for trivial files took over 30 hrs.  Direct upload was seconds.
Ran out of time to screw with it - lots of things I wanted didn't work - parts of contact data was lost, things like that.