[ale] ALE-NW at SPSU Meeting *this* Thursday, Jul 11 7:30 pm - Setting up a LAMP server

Orlando Karam okaram at spsu.edu
Tue Jul 9 20:31:46 EDT 2013

Talk: Setting up  a LAMP server
LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is a common platform for web application development; we will discuss its basic setup and configuration on Linux, plus alternatives for all four technologies.

BIOS:
Orlando Karam was born in the US but grew up in Mexico. He got hooked up with
Unix while a grad student at Tulane University, and has been running Linux on
servers and laptops for more than 15 years. He teaches computer science at
Southern Polytechnic State University (for a little while longer :)

Richard Halstead-Nussloch has been using computers since early IBM systems; he
runs a variety of operating systems, including Linux, and uses LAMP and XAMP in a
variety of ways

=======
For a campus map and a link to directions please see
http://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/index.htm
Parking in non reserved spaces in the P60 deck is best.
Building J, the Atrium building, is a short distance east
of the parking deck.
======
ALE-NW at SPSU meetings are open events and we hope
you will join us! Also remember that topic suggestions
and presentation offers the meetings can be emailed to
[ jdp (at) algoloma (dot) com]