[ale] OT need 600-1000W power protection for 3 minutes - cheap

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Jul 9 18:00:23 EDT 2013

Welcome to the plutocracy ... I am daily astounded by how otherwise sane,
waged/salaried Americans keep eating it this horrible state of affairs,
snapping rabidly to attention when the captains of industry, with their
ill-gotten gains safely stashed off-shore, tell them what's good for them
... or when you dare to question their mindless support for a corrupt
system ... "mah pappy voted for dumb and dumber, and so the hell will I".
My personal most-hated example is Monsanto and the diverting of public
funds by the State department in support of their perverted biotech model.

You got me started.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Alex Carver <agcarver+ale at acarver.net>wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>

>>   Some number of years ago, AccuWeather made a small financial
>> contribution to Senator Rick Santorum (Pennsylvania) to support a bill that
>> would force the National Weather Service to prevent the public from seeing
>> its data on its web page and require the public to pay for service from
>> AccuWeather after the public paid for the data via taxes.  The NWS
>> effectively gave AccuWeather the finger and kept publishing the data.  The
>> Senate bill (S786) died in committee (killed by Senator Bill Nelson of
>> Florida since the National Hurricane Center was in AccuWeather's
>> crosshairs, too, and that's a no-go for Florida.
>>

> Not to start a political fight but...
>
> There are _so_ many assholes in congress that try to privatize
> public-funded data it's downright nauseating. Certain groups have had NOAA
> in their crosshairs for decades (ask NOAA researchers why they use a DC-3
> plane for research instead of something built after all the researchers
> were born). The medical world is so full of taxpayer research $ that leads
> to privately held patents it's no wonder medical stuff costs so much. Many
> thanks to a now dead president who by executive order allowed public money
> to fund private research and no longer require the public a stake in the
> patents that research generated. Like steroid-doped pigs at the slop
> trough. Grr.

> James P. Kinney III
> *
> *Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you
> gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own
> tail. It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
> *
> http://electjimkinney.org
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
> *

Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW | Norcross, GA 30071
O (770) 446-9606 | M (678) 587-8649

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not