[ale] OT need 600-1000W power protection for 3 minutes - cheap

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Tue Jul 9 17:30:17 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 04:09:01PM -0400, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> This local battery / different battery concept does sound
> interesting.  I may cruise by the local Batteries Plus store.  I'll
> have to check where the nearest Interstate Batteries is.  By the
> way, I calculate that if you're pulling 950W and 12V, that would be
> 79A.  It would be 40 A at 24V.

Don't forget that 950W is the rated output of the inverter; it isn't
anywhere near 100% efficient, drawing more juice out of the batteries.

But yeah, the higher-capacity units run at 24V (or higher) to reduce the
working currents.

> Hmm ... I do have a mostly unused deep cycle boat motor battery
> sitting in the basement.  I can barely lift it.

Unless you have a UPS that needs 24V, eh? :)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^