[ale] OT CFL cleanup / LED light bulbs starting to become affordable

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Jul 3 20:10:27 EDT 2013

No...No...No.  There you go again, writing email, doing "computing" things, watching tv, running an air conditioner, clothes dryer, light bulbs of all things, and even driving a car.  Bad human...bad.

Just kidding  8-)

I think we should all do what we can to conserve.  Regardless of motive, conservation will benefit the whole world.

The people who'll lose money if we implement all the measures the politically correct crowd think are necessary to solve this "problem" are us.  We'll pay ever higher costs for all of our energy and our merchandise because of all the artificial caps, taxes, tariffs, fees, and impediments to the people who make our economy run and make those things available to us.  Think $ 10 - $ 20 / gallon of gas, $ 1000 personal electric bills, and a 10 - 20% increase in the cost of every manufactured or transported good we buy, including food.  These numbers are made up, but representative of the concept.  This might be a good way to crash our entire economy and monetary system.  At this point, it won't need much help to crash.  Energy and transportation costs are already hurting many consumers severely and driving some companies out of business.  Then, when we cannot afford to drive, have power, or eat, we may be starving just like the people you mentioned, all because of artificial increases in cost of living and doing business.

Sincerely,

Ron