[ale] [Semi-OT] Now this is MY kinda book... "Evil by Design" - O'Reilly Book of the Day

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Jul 2 11:01:53 EDT 2013

Now...  The subject should have your attention, especially considering
my "reputation"...  :-)  We touch on security topics (both MS and Linux)
here from time to time so this isn't totally off topic.

This ISN'T a book about computer security.  It ISN'T a book about
"social engineering" (or is it?).  It's about marketing and products.
However...  In my mind, there's not a lot of difference between "social
engineering" and "marketing" other than intent (or is there?).

Anyways...  Understanding marketing is an interesting angle on
understanding social engineering.  It's about attracting victims (errr,
customers) and keeping them...

Anyways...  O'Reilly's "Book of the Day" offer:

Evil by Design
https://members.oreilly.com/account/emedia/index?filter=ebooks&sort=added&order=asc&ip=9781118422144

$20?  Yeah, I'll fall for that bit of social engineering.  :-)=)

Regards,
Mike