[ale] [OT] Google Maps Question

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:09:58 EST 2013

On Google maps, there is a grey colored that encompasses my house. It is a
large area that can easily be recognized if you look at the Cobb County -
Cherokee County line. The area is bounded on the south by I-75, Chastain Rd
and I-575. The northwest boundary does not coincide with any road.

As far as I can tell the area does not match any municipal or county
limits.  It is not a flood plane, military base or national park.  The
shading does not match patterns on Yahoo maps or Mapquest.

I have asked a few people and done some web searching, but I still don't
know why that area is shaded.  Perhaps someone here has an idea.  I am not
above being told how to google better :-)

...John
"random is a good baseline" -Hilary Mason