[ale] need help allocating / limiting broadband bandwidth between users

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Jan 24 16:01:14 EST 2013

On 1/24/2013 12:48, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> I understand that Linksys / Cisco is also junk and they don't quickly
> fix bugs.  Is there something you'd recommend under $ 150?
>
> Sincerely,

A Linksys/Cisco with OpenWRT flashed onto it.  No fuss (almost), no muss
and is far more flexible than the stock firmware.  And it will easily
survive power loss.  I have two WRT54G's running OpenWRT and I don't
even have to think about them except for times when I add drop rules to
the firewall (currently covering most of China, India, Russia, and some
parts of Brazil, Venezuela, and Italy).