[ale] Scientific Linux 6.3 and Intel core 5 fail installs

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:15:06 EST 2013

I can confirm it is a 64 bit processor. My Linux box is an Asus X53E with a
core i5, and I am running 64 bit Ubuntu.

I have seen problems like that if I am attempting to install Linux via
UEFI, turns out a lot of manufacturers use a 32 bit UEFI boot, which can
really mess up anything that is not windows.