[ale] Question about ftp'ing files

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:37:11 EST 2013

Guys,

I have a question, I have a very simple ftp script

-----------------Script Begins----------------------------

#!/bin/bash
# To find the latest files and upload them to process server

FILE=$(ls -rt /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc | awk 'END{ print $NF }')
ftp -n 192.168.0.8 <<+
user user password
binary
put $FILE
quit

------------------Script Ends---------------------------------------

But, I think my script is limited and might not have a way to check if
files have been uploaded and might not get all the

This line seems to only return one file

ls -rt /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc | awk 'END{ print $NF }'

I did this as a test, I ran the following command

touch touch1
touch touch2
touch touch3

but only returns touch3, not touch1, touch2 where only seconds part.
If that the case, my script will miss uploading files. Is there a
better way of doing this? I know there is. just I'm bit brain dead
trying think of a good way. I could set up a log and move files, but
that will break my KISS rule, or do I need that to make it work.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org