[ale] WAY [OT] but geeky - how do I calibrate GPS barometric altimeter

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Feb 26 19:45:01 EST 2013

Derek,
I'm pretty sure Ron realized that--that's why he mentioned getting it from online sources for his locality. The problem was they all reported different values.

Separately,

A family member gave me a fancy weather station / atomic clock (well, it supposedly reads the atomic clock radio signal) with an outdoor remote unit this Christmas. It tells the indoor/outdoor temperature, pressure, and other stuff. Testing it out, I place the remote unit right next to the indoor unit and they consistently reported values 10 points off! It also never read the clock signal. Oh well, so much for technology.

Scott