[ale] [OT] White House Petition to Legalize Mobile-Phone Unlocking

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Feb 22 11:44:19 EST 2013

Or we can just purchase unlocked phones. There are lots of choices. Nobody forces anyone to buy a subsidized phone, though the fact that cell plans do not include a BYOD discount is a problem.

Last fall, I contacted t-mobile to get a locked phone unlocked prior to an overseas trip. About 5 days later an email arrived with the unlock code. No real difficulty at all, except the wait.

Remember when cell phones were a convenience?

--
Sent from a Linux system.