[ale] Hard Drive Failures

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Feb 22 10:27:15 EST 2013

Hi JD, and Jim K,

Thanks very much for the explanations of backup methods and applications.  I've read each message, and will have to spend days or weeks researching and reimplementing my backup strategy to correct its deficiencies.  Unfortunately, I cannot do that today.  I have other fires to put out that are calling my name.  This is always true.  I'm putting these messages at the top of my email priority so I can explore them in much more detail later.

My situation is compounded by the fact that I have Windows 7 or Vista or XP + Ubuntu or Mint + NTFS data partitions.  I need the backup to store EVERYTHING including disk partitioning data for all partitions.  I need the restore to restore EVERYTHING, so the PC boots up afterwards just the way it was, with all OS's and all data intact.

I'm sure I'll have even more questions.  8-)

Sincerely,

Ron