[ale] OT: Comcast modem

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Feb 12 11:41:23 EST 2013

Thanks for all the great comments. I decided to buy my own modem, despite
the case for continued renting that was proposed - I'll take the risk and
hope that mine lasts several years.

Decided on the Motorola SB6121 SURFboard, which comes without a telephony
port. That's fine for me, since I use a MagicJack connected to an Asterisk
box for my home phones. I did come across a few people out there on the
forums who purchased this modem only to discover there was no place to
connect their phone, so that's a key bit of advice for anyone planning the
same thing. It seems that if you want a modem that handles Comcast
telephony too, your options are a bit more restricted.

I'll report back on the experience once it's installed.

ed

--
Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA 30071
O (770) 446-9606
M (678) 587-8649

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not