[ale] [OT] DC 404 group-Security Grp

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Feb 11 13:34:35 EST 2013

DC404 is a group of security people. They are not out to crack your box. kaos.to is just a domain, nothing more.

Taylor has a few different domains that are used for different purposes.

With a little research, you should be able to determine where that domain points, what OS is running on it, and if there are hundreds or thousands of other domains also pointing towards it.  DNS is a wonderful thing.  If I weren't on a tablet, I'd have done this research for you.

In the security/hacker world, people use nicknames for fun.  The domain name is an extension of his nickname.  I know that Kaos runs a URL shortener/redirector somewhere, but this is not it.  Heck, my blog software has a redirector built-in too that I've used a few times for convenience.

I think you'd feel more comfortable with the group if you attended the meeting on Saturday and met a few people.  If I can get away from other commitments, I'll attend this meeting as well.

--
Sent from a Linux system.