[ale] Presentation challenge

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Feb 2 15:43:47 EST 2013

Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:

>On 02/02/2013 12:26 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
>> Without looking at Synaptic in Mint (or Ubuntu) I believe you can
>> install Mate, KDE, LXDE, Enlightenment 17, XFCE from the main
>> repositories for Mint. I believe you must add the repositories for
>> Cinnamon and Mate (both are from Mint) for Ubuntu and the others are
>> available from the main Ubuntu repositories.
>If he's going to do that, why not just install Mint and be done with
>it.  That way you don't have to do anything special.  Essentially
>Ubuntu
>with Mint repos is Mint.
>
>Jim.

I am curious as to the level of future support, patches, etc. I would get from an essentially Mint install versus an essentially Ubuntu install.  Ubuntu 12.04 is supported for 5 years.

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com