[ale] Presentation challenge

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:22:51 EST 2013

Ron

Following the links from Linux Mint you get this as the 'buntu Cinnamon
repository

https://launchpad.net/~gwendal-lebihan-dev/+archive/cinnamon-stable
<https://launchpad.net/%7Egwendal-lebihan-dev/+archive/cinnamon-stable>

The instructions to install are

Add Repo:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable
sudo apt-get update

Install:
sudo apt-get install cinnamon
Logout and Change the session to Cinnamon.

On 02/01/2013 01:08 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> I wouldn't mind a presentation on Mint, or on installing Mate or Cinnamon on Ubuntu.  Since my Ubuntu 11.04 expired, I have to figure out whether to fire them and go to Mint or try to put Mate or Cinnamon on Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ron
>

> Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
>
>> On 02/01/2013 08:20 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>>> Is mint a desktop or a distro? I would put it in the desktop group.
>> I guess I've never seen a discussion of the difference but since Mint
>> doesn't offer a specific server edition, I'll agree with you. Most of
>> Mint specific repos are GUI related.
>>
>> Jim.

> Sent from my Android Acer A500 tablet with bluetooth keyboard and K-9 Mail.
> Please excuse my potential brevity.
>
> (To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
> messages prior to 03/31/12 with my personal address will go to the wrong
> address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

> mailing lists and such.  I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)
>
> Ron Frazier
> 770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
> linuxdude AT techstarship.com

Jay Lozier