[ale] RHEL 7 beta

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 19:07:12 EST 2013

On 12/19/2013 2:27 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> For those that thought Fedora 19's installer was bad, well, tough.
> RedHat has adopted it for the next release of RHEL.
<snipped>

I've been away from RH for years so this question might not be applicable.

Does RHEL suffer from the same type of issue as Fedora 19 upgrade or is
it expecting a clean install? From my understanding, to upgrade Fedora
from 19 to 20 you really need to upgrade "FedUp" from 0.7 to 0.8 FIRST
because of the difference in where the downloaded packages are stored.

Asking for a non-lister 'cause I'm a Debian/BSD guy...

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss