[ale] Unity focus problem, following link in email

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 18 19:55:55 EST 2013

JD:

Yup, I don't use Unity myself, but for an 87 year old, I thought just
clicking on an icon and having the apps appear one at a time would be
easy.  Actually it only took her a couple days to stop longing for Win XP.

Can't find an "always-on-top" setting in Unity, but when I click on any
launcher except the browser, that comes up, and then the browser will
come up when I click its launcher!

Created another user but he has no emails to click on, and anyway --- I
saw 3 "system program problem detected" messages come up, referring to
NetworkManager, polkitd, and nautilus.  I offered to replace 12.04 with
13.10 and have a fresh start.  ( SMART says hard drive is fine, and I
check the filesystem for errors)

Thanks for your input, but I'm out of patience with an out of date
system :-)

Tom