[ale] Unity focus problem, following link in email

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 18 15:45:49 EST 2013

All:

Lots of searching and still scratching my head.

I've got an 87 year old running Ubuntu 12.04 for over a year now :-)
It's fully updated.

Lately it developed this problem - she clicks on a link in an email, and
nothing seems to happen.  ACTUALLY Firefox loads the page but doesn't
bring it to the front.  Even when I click on the Firefox launcher, it
STILL doesn't come to the front.  BUT if I click on Home Folder, THEN on
Firefox, it comes to the front!

BTW if I make Chrome the default browser, it acts the same.  If the
browser is not running, the browser comes to the front and displays the
page.  If the browser is already running, it loads the page but my
87-year old doesn't know it.

Clues?

Tom