[ale] How to move a running process to screen session

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 07:05:34 EST 2013

But if the original process is not started in an existing screen session
there is no way other that reptyr to move the pid into the screen pty.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 12/17/2013 10:21 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > Sometimes I start a process that is going to take far longer than I'm
> > willing to wait on and I forgot to load up a screen session to run in
> > so if my VPN connection dies my process dies with it. Such is the life
> > of an admin.
> what about & ?? can't you run it in the background ?? I do that with
> processes that I don't want hogging my terminal session ( like hodoku.py
> ) and I close the screen session and the process is still running..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux User #367800 and new counter #561587

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*