[ale] LPI Certification Study Group

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Dec 17 16:27:46 EST 2013

While I do agree that LPI has had some "dated material/topics", it is still not a bad certification to pursue.  Roderick Smith's texts (published by Sybex/Wiley) are the most current ones out there at this time as well.

For those wondering and remarking a bit about the LPI exams, here is their wiki with the current objectives for LPIC-1.

http://wiki.lpi.org/wiki/LPIC-1_Objectives

LILO has been removed in place of GRUB/GRUB2 (more the prior I do admit; reference topic 102.2).  Kernel compilation is now part of the LPI-201 objectives (topic 201 in particular).

Out of curiosity, how many people of ALE are interested in pursuing this in a formal manner using a mentoring and self-paced method with group studies and potentially a virtual machine based lab environment?

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.