[ale] Samsung ST150F camera

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 07:53:09 EST 2013

So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and a Galaxy Tab 10, and I plug
them into my Ubuntu desktop and it opens a file manager window with the
folders, so I can copy photos...
So I get this cool little Samsung ST150F camera ( 16 Mp 5X zoom) that
does all kinds of neat stuff, has wi-fi built in so it can auto sync up
to my tablet, yet when I plug it into my desktop.... nada.. doesn't
mount... WAH??? how do I get the pictures OFF of this thing??

ok, so I tail -f /var/log/syslog and plug the camera in and see it shows
/dev/sdg . I create a mount point /media/st150 and mount /dev/sdg
/media/st150 and BANG there they are, my photos! this is crazy... am I
missing a driver or something? the Samsung site shows it working for
windows XP & Windows 7 just like usual, but linux gets left out??

--
Paul Cartwright