[ale] SATA PCI cards

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Dec 5 05:40:44 EST 2013

On 12/04/2013 05:34 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
> the Cubieboard being interesting but the NUCs run unmodified OSes which
> means less work (in theory) to keep updated.
I don't understand this statement.  My cubieboard runs Debian Wheezy
(various flavors of Fedora and Ubuntu are also available).  If I ssh to
this system and didn't know what I was connected to I wouldn't know it
wasn't a desktop or laptop.  Apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade,
apt-get install xyz work just fine.  What on a cubieboard do you think
has to be different to keep updated?  I'd be glad to open a ssh port to
my cubieboard and give you a login if you want to test it.

Jim.