[ale] SATA PCI cards

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Dec 3 06:29:48 EST 2013

If you want to play a bit, get a Cubieboard and use it.  It runs Wheezy
quite well, has a sata controller onboard along with HDMI Ethernet (100)
and USB.  Takes less than 2 amps at 5 volts and is just a bit bigger
than a RPi. It has 1024G of RAM and can be configured to run from the
SATA drive, using the SD card at boot time only.  I have one running a
fairly intensive graphical program running on one.  There is a baseboard
available that, among other things, gives you VGA output.

The board
(https://www.miniand.com/products/Cubieboard%20Developer%20Board#buy)
includes a SATA cable and a USB power cable.  All you need is the drive
and a wallwart.   It's only $50.  And for an additional $10 you can get
the cubieboard 2 with a faster (A20 vs A10) processor.

I have one of each and they both are pretty amazing.

Jim.