[ale] password Safes? (almost linux related)

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Mon Dec 2 17:54:23 EST 2013

On 02.12.2013 17:28, Neal Rhodes wrote:
> So, what are the thoughts on the safety of Android Password Safes?
>
>  I have been using "Secrets", but am not sure if I truly trust it
> with
> really important passwords. I avoid letting it backup passwords, but
> don't know if it's quietly sending off my passwords to
> transylmongolia.
>
>  On the other hand, I don't trust myself with anything I don't use
> weekly.
>
>  Is there a way of dinking with the Android permissions on a password
> safe program to effectively prevent it from doing any outbound IP?
>
>  Neal Rhodes
>  MNOP Ltd

I actually use Lastpass for all my password storage as I can access it
from Windows, Linux, Android and iOS easily enough. The data is
encrypted using your master password before being uploaded so each
device utilizing it needs to decrypt it when retrieving the data. I also
use it to generate random passwords for most of my website passwords. I
couple it with using Google Authenticator for 2FA but I also have a
Yubikey that I could enable just as well for the same purpose, I just
usually have my phone with me more than my Yubikey.