[ale] Got wrong page error

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Aug 30 14:31:45 EDT 2013

On 8/30/2013 05:53, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> You might want to consider making a small /boot partition on first
> drive then creating equal sized partitions on rest of first drive and
> on second drive (of course this means you can't stripe all of second
> drive - just the equivalent size of the remainder of first drive
> after you created the /boot partition.   Perhaps it is confused by
> having /boot striped?

I kept digging and apparently the SAS controller in this thing has the
lovely moniker of "fakeRAID". :)  That cleared up some details in that
grub by default doesn't know how to handle a fakeRAID system that uses
anything other than RAID1 unless the dmraid module is loaded at boot.

I gave up and used soft RAID on the drives with three partitions on each
drive (md0, swap, md1).  Boot is sitting on one array and root is on
another.