[ale] May need purchase Laptop - Linux Friendly

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 12:26:54 EDT 2013

When I was looking at the Linux offerings on Dell, the hardware combo for
Linux was always a bit more than the lowest Winders version. So there was
ALWAYS a winders systems that cost less. and there was no apple-to-apples
comparison as they never offered the same hardware combo for both OS's.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Scott Plante <splante at insightsys.com>wrote:

> "The machine never booted winders, so I should get money back from
> Microsoft."
>
> Can you actually do that? How? Or was that meant as a joke?
>
> When I've searched Dell before, it seems they charge just as much for a
> configuration with Windows as without for desktops. They try to hide it by
> only offering Linux or no-OS on certain models, and not offering Windows on
> those exact configs, but they seem to be the same price as a similar system
> (proc, mem, disk, etc.).

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.