[ale] Open Suse and the .inputrc issues

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Aug 26 10:33:50 EDT 2013

Is there a specific reason to be using opensuse 11.4?
Current version is 12.3, with 13.1 out soon.
I'm pretty sure the update channel for 11.4 has been closed for  quite a while.
I've been using opensuse as my daily driver for over 10 years, and I haven't seen the problem you describe.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> JD <jdp at algoloma.com> 8/24/2013   08:53 AM >>>
Those bugs were fixed in May of 2011.
Are people really running unpatched the last 2 years?

THAT cannot be the issue here.

I worry about being 3 months behind patching on a single system!

Sorta related, I switched to using powershell as my default shell on Windows -
got tired of the crap interface from cmd.exe. In the 90s, I used 4Dos and 4NT to
work around command.com and cmd.exe suckage. With powershell, I almost don't
mind ... except for all the things MS implemented in Explorer that appear to be
part of the file system, but are not.  Backwards compatibility is a bitch.