[ale] [OT] Liberties

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 12:02:26 EDT 2013

Ron,

The TSA provides many people (but not me) a SENSE of security.

How much actual security is open to debate.

The question is NOT "are you willing to give up some level of freedom for
a greater SENSE of security;"

The question is "are you willing to give up some level of freedom for
more ACTUAL security?"  And what might that look like.

Sean

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:51:39 am Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Hi Ed,

(Stuffed snipped for brevity.)

> Would I give up some freedoms in exchange for some REAL sense of
> security?  Yes, I would.  But the trick is where to draw the line.
> We've probably already given up too much.
>
> Would I give up all my freedoms, and have all my actions watched,
> verified, officially permitted or not, and recorded, all the time,
> everywhere (assuming we even have a choice); in order to have perfect
> safety, perfect predictability, and perfect boredom?  No, I would not
> wish to do that.

(More stuff snipped)