[ale] [OT] Liberties

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 22 08:51:28 EDT 2013

The previous statement:

Which is the greater threat, government, or "criminals" ?

      says it all................

Criminals are people which a given government designates as those
violating it's dictates, however established, i.e. governmentisthe
threat, either directly
either by it's existence or by it's action, i.e. by legislating what is
a "crime" and enforcing same.

The founders of this country clearly saw government, including this one,
as the existential problem and attempted to establish a program of
improved governance, realizing
that this is a moving target and it is the responsibility, going
forward, or each generation, to either maintain, or redress, and
hopefully even improve, democratic goals,

Finally, the truth is:  the problem is not the government, rather the
people of the United States now have the government they have earned,
and are earning. Nothing's free,
especially freedom.

As Dylan said at the conclusion of  his "115th Dream",    "I jes say
good luck"

Courtney Thomas