[ale] [OT] Groklaw shuts down due to potential "forced exposure" issues

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 21 11:40:46 EDT 2013

All:

Recently I visited our two GA senator's websites. I saw Sen Chambliss
had a whole section on the 2nd amendment, but not 4th or 5th. When I
called his Atlanta office to ask about the revelations that Mr. Snowden
provided, the staff said he had no position to offer! I suggested that
his oath of office obligated him to take a position.

When I called Sen Isakson's DC office, a staffer said that he voted for
and supports the "amendment". Which amendment? No, it was a "bill".
Which bill? Long pause... FISA! You mean the Senator supports every
provision of every version of FISA since Sep 11, 2001? YES he does! I
then read to her from the Senator's oath of office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the
Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I
take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose
of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of
the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

She quickly found a reason to hang up, after assuring me she would pass
along my concerns.

Tom