[ale] More on LEDs...

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Aug 16 19:34:42 EDT 2013

On Friday 16 August 2013, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> It has a combined brake light and tail light which uses a dual filament
> bulb, an 1157.  I found the 1157R led bulb at autozone and put it in the
> car.

Ah, was not aware they were making retrofit LEDs! Will look next time I'm in
a parts store for LED tag lights. Unlikely to have the lensing problem you
noted with tail lights so the longer life (and gradual failure if the
individual LEDs do not fail at the same time) would make this an ideal
application.

Anyone who drives an older car at night will know why this is important:)
--
William