[ale] Extracting from EXISTING /var/spool/mqueue file

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Aug 16 11:22:19 EDT 2013

Thanks Mike and Chris.

Neither uudeview nor mimeexplode is found in the RHEL5 repositories I was doing this on.

It appears mimexplode is a perl script relying on MIME::Tools and found an RPM for the latter in the EPEL but it has other dependencies so I'd have to spend some time locating/adding those as well.  (I prefer to do PM installs via rpm rather than CPAN just so they shows up in software listings later.)    I didn't pursue it as I have to move on and have already solved my immediate need with base64 which was already installed.

I didn't investigate uudeview beyond determining it isn't in the RHEL5 repositories.

I'll keep both in mind should I find further needs in future.  It appears MIME::Tools does quite a bit.