[ale] ISC DHCPD config question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:50:47 EDT 2013

what squid _CAN_ do is provide a non-user erasable record of what they
access.

Working on a public library project years ago, the library was adamant that
there be ZERO records of patron browsing. So squid was setup to only store
data for 30 minutes to allow admin debugging time on connection issues. The
cache was dumped every day at closing and all records purged and squid
restarted from scratch.

Librarians mean business about privacy.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On 08/14/2013 03:28 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> OK. I used a separate firewall for my network and when the kid needed to
>> be blocked, the got blocked at the network gateway to my LAN. The DHCP
>> server has a MAC address hard coded for an IP address so this would work.
>>
>> I used the proxy on my youngest and am about to do it again.
>>

> Years ago I had the idea of using squid to block everything, but approved
> sites.   With XSS and other stuff I can see that as being a real challenge
> now.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.