[ale] ISC DHCPD config question

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 14 15:35:32 EDT 2013

On 08/14/2013 03:26 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Instead of a block, just redirect all web traffic to a page hosted on
> your system that says "GO TO BED!"
>
> Basically a hidden proxy :-)

Yea.  I did that with my business partner one time that redirected ALL
his web requests to a porn site. :)

Their issue is Netflix.

The problem with putting them on 1.0 is that the gateway for 1.0 is a
D-Link router that is feature-less.  So poor in fact that I've disabled
DHCP and am using my desktop.  It is connected to a DSL modem in bridge
mode and running pppoe.  It also serves up some wireless.  The other AP
is in my attic at a high point so that the whole house has a good
signal.  It is a DD-WRT beast, but it lacks a few features due to the
model of hardware lacking memory.

I have a pile of DD-WRT and Tomato routers.   One idea is to replace the
D-Link with a RPi.  I have quite a bit of SD card corruption on the Pi
do to V drops so that scares me.  Maybe a BeagleBone Black is a better
choice for that task?

Chris