[ale] [OT] User agent / browser string

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Aug 14 12:31:54 EDT 2013

Not directly related to browser strings, but:

Make sure these are OK for this website.

* Firefox is up to date
* Javascript is enabled
* Java, if needed, is enabled
* Flash, if needed, is enabled
* Flash cookies, if needed, are enabled
* Cookies are enabled
* Pop up's are enabled

If using something like noscript, right click the "S" and see what other
sites the one you're using is trying to hit.  Just pulling some things
out of thin air, some of the sites I use require ajax.googleapis.com,
jquery.com, etc.

I was trying to get target.com to work the other day and couldn't.  I
finally just left.  I don't allow third party cookies.  Sometimes sites
don't like that.

Sometimes, sites jump through things like doubleclick.net for tracking.
With noscript, if you have no other choice, you can temporarily allow
these things if you want.

With noscript, you can choose "allow scripting globally (dangerous)" if
you want.  Just turn it off later.

Long shot here, but ssl connections will fail if your computer clock is
wrong.

There have been a few times I HAD to use IE to do things.

Sincerely,

Ron