[ale] More on LEDs...

Doug Hall doughalldev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:11:05 EDT 2013

I just had my air conditioner replaced yesterday, and the AC guy said
something that I thought was interesting. He said that Alabama Power (my
provider) was fairly good at producing power inexpensively, but bad at
distributing it. He said that rather than the supposed 60hz that they're
supposed to deliver, it's usually a little less than that - say around
58-59Hz. It's usually close enough to not fry everything from brownouts,
but also low enough to lower the longevity of things like these
energy-saving lights that are supposed to last ten years. This has been my
experience, by the way. They tend to go bad after a couple of years (maybe).