[ale] No eth0 with Opensuse 12.3 in virtualbox

Mike Ivey miketech.jr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:48:06 EDT 2013

I have not used Opensuse in a while but I would try typing ifconfig -a
to see if i can see the eth0 interface there. If so then run ifconfig
eth0 up, and dhcpd3 eth0 or dhclient eth0 to get an Ip address if you
have dhcp enabled on your LAN.

If it is not there then I would check the virtualbox Network settings.
Make sure Enable Network Adapter is checked for atleast one of the 4
adapters. Also make sure Attached to is either set to bridge or NAT
and that name has the interface on the host machine that you want to
use.