[ale] OT: What the hell is XSS in Comcast land?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:19:01 EDT 2013

Windows 2012 has as one of it option when you are installing that it
all command line, no gui. Probably better than the Windows Dashboard
they stuck in there.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Alex Carver <agcarver+ale at acarver.net> wrote:
> On 8/13/2013 04:19, JD wrote:
>>
>> On 08/12/2013 09:16 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
>>>
>>> Either way, OpenWRT has long had a UI similar to that for the same
>>> purpose.  It
>>> wasn't necessary to use iptables even under older versions of OpenWRT.
>>

>> For my locations, the UI is **not** and option.  There is just too many
>> options
>> and settings to be entered and type, tab, type, tab, type, tab for 150
>> entries
>> doesn't cut it. If that is just the port forwarding and redirection, dno't
>> forget about DNS entries, specific IP range blocking, and if you have
>> mutliple
>> public IPs, it can become impossible to use the GUI.
>

> No one said you *had* to use the GUI in OpenWRT.  I just pointed out that it
> exists as an interface because Jim didn't like dealing with iptables at the
> command line.

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org