[ale] windows to Linux user conversion training guide

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Aug 13 11:07:28 EDT 2013

http://jimkinney.us/2.%2Bbasic%2Beveryday%2Bcommands.html

Type the command cat /etc/filesystems - >> /tmp/foo . When you get the blank line, start entering text. A new line is given when you press "Enter". To stop entering text press "Ctrl-C".

While a Ctrl-C (interrupt) seems to work, wouldn't Ctrl-D (eof) be more appropriate? Interrupt seems like it'd be dependent on implementation details of what caching happens or something like that. Say, if you were piping to some other command rather than redirecting to foo. I was actually a bit surprised to see it work.

You said feedback is welcome--hope this isn't too nit-picky.